Footpath and cycle path upgrade – Herschel Street, Brisbane City
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) have advised that minor work to the footpath and cycle path will be carried out along North Quay adjacent to the intersection with Herschel Street.
These minor works will provide better access for pedestrians and cyclists.
The work is expected to take place between Sunday 15 January 2017 and Monday 23 January 2017, subject to weather and construction conditions.
Hours of work will be at night, between 8pm and 4am.
Traffic control will be in place to ensure the safety of road workers, motorists, pedestrians and cyclists at all times during the construction.
These works involve:
· Removal of part of the current path and old fencing
· preparing and pouring concrete for the new path
· moving signage to create a clearer footpath
· fence construction
What to expect:
· Minor traffic delays and lane restrictions
· Increased noise and dust from construction equipment and activities.
· Traffic control will be in place to assist pedestrians and cyclists where necessary.
Every effort will be made to minimise disruptions throughout this project.
Department of Transport and Main Road apologises for any inconvenience.