Here’s some great tips to help you get through your winter riding……….
- If your shoes get soaked through – stuff them with newspaper and they’ll be in good shape for the ride home.
- Take extra care when ploughing through puddles as they can often hide submerged potholes.
- Don’t wait for the dark to turn your lights on – light up, be assertive and claim your space on the road.
- Keep your body warm for those extra chilly mornings with a merino base layer.
- Grime will wear down your brake pads and rim; if you can, rinse them clean after a ride.
Remember, the most important thing about winter riding is enjoying it. Once you’re out the door and on the bike, you’ll be thankful you chose to ride.